Have you ever had an appointment with a Fertility Specialist (especially your first!) and felt like you wanted to ask questions but have NO idea what to ask? And like… this is REALLY important… but you don’t know what you don’t know!
Well, I’ve got you covered in this podcast, where I dive into 16 questions to ask your Fertility Specialist, as well as 6 things I want you to know about your Doctor and your experience at the clinic, that will hopefully help you feel calmer throughout.
When we feel really nervous, our brain starts to lose its executive functioning ability – that is… the ability to make rational decisions, problem solve etc – a place you don’t want to be in, when you are in an office with a Specialist trying to make really impactful decisions about your life.
I hope you absolutely LOVE this podcast episode.
Here’s a summary of the questions below for you to print out with you – but highly encourage you to listen to the episode where I explain everything in detail.
They’re human beings too.
Just because they wear a white coat, doesn’t mean they have all the answers.
They likely have a time limit for your appointment.
They don’t know everything (and all read different research).
Their personal beliefs may impact their recommendations.
You can get a second opinion.
- Do you offer grants or any financial support packages?
- Where do you sit on complementary therapies (acupuncture, naturopathy)
- Do you have or can you recommend any mental health services?
- Do you have any BMI limits?
- What supplements do you recommend?
- Are you able to please break down the general timeline/path for me?
- What lifestyle interventions do you recommend?
- What do we need to be doing at our end to improve our chances of conception?
- What are your views on diet and exercise?
- What’s the game plan?
- Can you please write those names down for me?
- Can you give me a rough % success rate?
- Can you give me a printout of those results?
- How often do you repeat blood tests?
- Where can I find your success rates? (and check their accreditations too)
- Does your clinic work specifically with infertility patients? If not, what %?