I mentioned not so long ago that I was dreaming up all these muffin combos to feed Rosco so he doesn’t run out the door in the morning without having something to eat!
The muffins I posted were my blueberry, coconut and almond muffins (one of my all-time favourite food combos!), but another flavour I make for him every now and again are these apple and cinnamon muffins.
These have no oil in them, although they do have a bit of coconut sugar in them, but for most people’s tastes, I think it needs it. Plus, if you divide it over 12 muffins, it isn’t too much.
Apple and cinnamon is such a beautiful breakfast flavour….
- 1½ cups gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (more if you like)
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if you are not eating gluten)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons flax to 6 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 small- medium apple, peeled and grated
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarb soda
- Preheat your oven to 180° C (355° F)
- Mix the flax eggs (put the flax and water together and stir for a few moments until the fax soaks up most of the liquid and you it goes a bit gloopy - if it doesn't go exactly like that, give it a few moments, but don't stress if it is a bit liquidy - it's just water and will be fine).
- Chop the walnuts into small pieces
- Place the flour and bicarb soda in the bowl and stir, before adding all the other ingredients.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes.