Kiarra Hand is both a friend of Robyn’s and fellow Admin of the Fertility Warriors Support + Chat Facebook group. In mid-2016, she was diagnosed with Stage 3 Bowel Cancer. Today she’s in full remission and has an 8-month-old baby boy and shares her story about coping with both cancer and infertility.
Key takeaways and Kiarra’s tips:
- Talk about it with your partner and be honest, rather than think of it as, “I’ve got this problem,” think of it as, “It’s us against the problem.”
- Get real with your feelings and let them out!
- The best thing you can you do is to start talking.
- Ask for help if you need it – help is always there.
- Talk about it and normalise it with people who’ve gone through the same experience.
- Tune into what you need… get in the bath, log off social media, light a candle, go outside and get some fresh air, call a friend.
- It’s important to set boundaries for yourself.
- Sometimes you just need some champagne and a cry!
- Focus on getting yourself well, keeping yourself well and what you can do to help the result. Kiarra went to acupuncture, saw a naturopath and cut out alcohol.
Receive access to my amazing library of free resources and join the mailing list here.
Like my Facebook page
Follow me on Instagram
Listen on Apple Podcasts
Listen on Google Podcasts
If you loved this episode please share it with a friend!