You know those days when you feel like you’ve got no food in the fridge?
Well, it was one of those times.
You see, now that we’ve got the veggie patch somewhat up and running, we’re buying a lot less from the supermarket/farmers market.
Except that different things grow at different rates.
So we’ve got greens coming out of our ears…. and not a lot of anything else.
So literally, I had lettuce, kale, an orange and carrots, but I had a moment and discovered that there are just SO many things you can put in a salad that you probably already have lying around the pantry or fridge.
And I made this super-awesome, nutrient-packed, Kale Salad.
I love moments like that!
Here is the recipe for this delicious kale salad:
- 3-4 stalks kale
- Big handful mixed lettuce
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- Juice of half an orange (more if you want)
- 1 carrot
- Drizzle of flaxseed oil
- Wash the greens,slice thinly and add to the bowl.
- Julienne or make ribbons out of your carrot and add.
- Chop your walnuts and almonds and add the chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Squeeze the orange on top of the salad, and then drizzle with flaxseed oil to taste.
- Toss the salad.
What everyday ingredients do you whack in a salad to give it some kick?