Bliss balls – so convenient and so handy!
There isn’t a lot to say about these bliss balls other than that they’re delicious, and that coconut, cashews and buckini’s make such a good combo together.
My cousin was headed away camping for the weekend and I was popping over to say hello. I’m a terrible guest. I always go over there and she has platters of fruit and nuts etc for me, and I never bring anything.
So, this time, I was determined to take something with me, and this is what I brought.
The buckini’s and the dates provide the sugar. If you don’t have buckini’s then you can substitute for something like oats, but I’d probably add a touch of maple syrup to bring it together. If you want more sweetness, add more buckini’s, or more coconut/cashews and some maple syrup.
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup medjool dates
- ½ cup coconut (plus more for rolling in)
- ½ cup buckini's (add more if you need the mixture to be at a more solid consistency)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup cacao
- Soak the dates in boiling water for about 5 minutes to soften them up, and then drain and set aside, removing the seed.
- Put the cashews in the food processor and blend for about 20 seconds or until broken up. Add the dates. coconut, water and cacao and continue to blend. You might need to scrape down the edges a few times.
- Stir in the buckini's (add more if you need) and then roll in coconut.
Do you have any awesome bliss ball combo’s?