Sometimes for lunch you want something satisfying but light and this dish is just that. It is essentially a vegan coleslaw, but the hemp seeds really add something. Hemp seeds have a lovely nutty but not overwhelming flavour.
I’ve posted hemp seed recipes before (see my hemp seed pesto – this is my number one pin on pinterest), but here are some of the lovely benefits of hemp seeds:
- They’re a complete source of protein (about 3 tablespoons = 11g)
- Great ratio of Omega 3 and 6 long chain fatty acids
- Easily digestible
- Contains a whole array of vitamins and minerals including vitamin E and iron, plus zinc, calcium and magnesium
- They taste good!
- Cabbage (green or purple or both) - shredded
- Carrot - grated
- Snow peas - chopped
- Hemp seeds
- ½ lemon
- 1 teaspoon flax oil (or olive oil)
- Pepper for seasoning
- Not a lot to this one - chop all your veggies. Mix in a bowl your oil, lemon and pepper until it is all combined, and then pour over your salad.
Have a great week.