The number 4 really is a special number. When something only has 4 ingredients, it makes it seem so do-able.
And these cookies are delicious and chewy, and impossible really to stop at one.
In fact, that’s one of the reasons I’m sharing this recipe with you today.
I have been eating waaayyy to many cookies.
If you read my last blog post, you’d see that on Monday, I’m going on a bit of a health kick before Christmas – you’re welcome to join me and sign up to my weekly emails and our little Facebook Group!
While these cookies are nowhere near the nasty stuff you’d find in the supermarket, I think it is important for us all to recognise that sometimes there can be too much of a good thing – and I’m the type of person that struggles to stop at one, so sayonara 4 ingredient cookies for the next 12 weeks, but may those of you who aren’t embarking on my little health kick enjoy them all for me!
- ¾ cup oats
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ⅓ cup crunchy peanut butter
- Soak the dates in boiling water for about 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (355°F)
- Blitz the oats in the food processor until they form a flour.
- Then discard the pips from your dates and add the dates, vanilla and peanut butter to the food processor.
- Roll into little balls and flatten slightly and place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.