Even if you’re still TTC, make sure you listen to my tips at the beginning of this podcast, as so many of the lessons I learnt on my journey have helped me later on (and some lessons I’ve learnt the hard way ha! After my journey).
I’ve provided this series to share with you guys some support for the next steps of your journey, which I’ve learnt is certainly needed, but also how some of the lessons I learnt during my journey have helped me tenfold following it. I hope that these lessons can be relevant to you not only now, but as your time comes.
Oh gosh guys. People used to talk to me about babies and sleep before I had kids (even whilst I was pregnant) and it went completely over my head. I had no clue, seriously.
And then I landed in it. I did NOT have any magic unicorn babies who slept through the night at 6-weeks-old, and my first little person was absolutely on the spectrum of not being a ‘good sleeper’ (there is no good sleeper or bad sleeper–just different babies and their different needs).
I could share our sleep journey for about 6 episodes because it’s been such a big part of our lives, but hopefully I’ve given you the basic rundown here, and hopefully with a lot of lessons I’ve learnt from having the CHAOS of sleep deprivation in our house.
Robyn’s 9 Lessons:
- Lesson 1: Just appreciate your body and what your body can endure. From going through your fertility journey, preparing for conception and then the next marathon, which is pregnancy and early parenting. You need to make space for that emotionally and physically.
- Lesson 2: Get help. Don’t sit there and suffer, get professional help or a second opinion if you need it.
- Lesson 3: Everyone’s situation is different in parenting and motherhood. Every child is different.
- Lesson 4: There is light at the end of the tunnel and everything in life is a stage.
- Lesson 5: Sometimes you can do everything by the book but things still don’t work out, so we’ve just got to be able to surrender and roll with the punches.
- Lesson 6: You can go your own way. It’s OK to go your own way and do your own thing.
- Lesson 7: Stop always waiting for the transition to finish. Life is one big transition. If all you’re doing is waiting for the next stage to finish, all you do is wait. It’s all about embracing the chaos of right now.
- Lesson 8: It gets better!
- Lesson 9: Sometimes you don’t know or understand until you’re in a particular situation. For example, if you spoke to me about baby sleep before my baby was born, i wouldn’t have understood or grasped the concept, I was so clueless!
Listen to a previous episode Life After Infertility episode about my breastfeeding journey.
- Join the IVF + Infertility Pregnancy + Mamas Facebook group
- Join the waitlist for the Fertility Warrior Intensive
- Join the Fertility Warriors Support + Chat Facebook group
- Join my Facebook group for Fertility Businesses, Clinics, Bloggers and Influencers
- Receive access to my amazing library of free resources and join the mailing list here.
- Visit my website
- Like my Facebook page
- Follow me on Instagram
- Listen on Apple Podcasts
- Listen on Google Podcasts
If you loved this episode please share it with a friend!