Are you trying to conceive and worried about how Coronavirua (COVID-19) will affect your fertility journey?
You have every right to be a little concerned – this is a BIG global event, and the truth is that it could have a significant impact on your fertility clinic.
We put out the question last night in the Fertility Warriors Support + Chat Group, and the biggest concern was for people who were mid-cycle, who may need to self-isolate mid-treatment, or people whose IVF Clinics would postpone treatment mid-cycle (i.e. after they’d already forked out $$$$ on medications etc).
That’s a pretty normal response and quite possible.
- Use this time to prepare physically – the foundation of a functional approach to fertility is to address the root cause of infertility. Not to focus on the diagnosis but figure out WHY it’s not working in the first place. There is no downside to addressing underlying stressors such as food sensitivities, gut infections, and environmental toxins. Our health matters for a healthy pregnancy. While the fertility clinics may not be able to offer many options to you at this time – there are still options you can do right now to prepare your body for a baby so that you can be more successful in the long term.
- Use this time to prepare emotionally – we can eat the right diet and address the food sensitivities and gut infections – but if we haven’t addressed the trauma, fear, grief, frustration, anxiety – this can impact our health at a cellular level. Taking the time now to build a solid foundation to help you feel empowered, resilient and able to cope during times of stress and ambiguity is essential. The fertility clinic may be delaying treatment, but your mindset is something that is essential for your success. As our world is changing quickly, however, you can learn how to empower yourself to see a positive outcome to build your family.
- Use this time to focus on you as a couple. Your treatment and immediate plans for pregnancy may be delayed and you could both feel stuck, without a plan to move forward. However, we can use this time to set up a strong foundation for your future child. Whether it’s working on your relationship, focusing on your physical health, getting the right tests to figure out WHY it’s not working in the first place – there are positive steps you can take right NOW. Creating a united front so you both can move forward with a plan that works for you can set you up for success. You’ll move through this difficult time with ease and be able to see a clear path forward.
Resources from this episode:
- Monica Cox – host of Finding Fertility Podcast
- Sarah Clark – host of Get Pregnant Naturally Podcast.
- Robyn Birkin – host of Fertility Warriors Podcast
- Devon Baeza – Fertility Fianance Coach