I just love simple foods and simple recipes. I think sometimes we get so caught up in mixing things and adding flavour that we lose the flavour of the main ingredient we’re trying to create.
But, sometimes, you just want to add a little bit of flavour to something.
This vegan parmesan is awesome and adds that extra something to foods. It keeps in the pantry and takes all of five minutes to prepare. That’s my kind of recipe!
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- A dash of salt
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon walnuts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil** (possibly less - judge for yourself)
- Place the nutritional yeast, salt, sunflower seeds and walnuts into a food processor and mix until it forms a powder.
- Then add a tiny bit of olive oil to make it come together just slightly (like in the picture). You might end up using a teaspoon, you might end up using slightly more or less, but it is important for you to add a tiny bit, then mix, and then add a tiny bit more.
- Store in a airtight jar in the pantry.