You’ll know that a few episodes in the past I shared a conversation I had with my dear friend, Jackie Figueras. Jackie is a Registered Nurse (with an impressive resume) and a miscarriage and loss coach. There are so many things we just don’t talk about enough when it comes to the Honest Truth about miscarriage.
Trigger warning: Jackie and I get really honest and share the gritty and detailed experiences of our losses in this episode. It was one of the FIRST episodes ever that has truly brought me to tears (I’m usually so great at setting my feelings aside for interviews, but Jackie’s story just got me). As we dish down the HONEST truth about miscarriage and loss, we shared:
The differing emotional and physical experiences of our loss.
What a medical miscarriage really feels like (with tips for anyone who needs to go through it).
Where healthcare providers are just getting it wrong.
And Jackie shares some really wonderful tips and insights.
- Learn more about Jackie and her program, Roadmap to Recovery
- 5 things you need to know about miscarriage
- Have I finished grieving my miscarriage
- How to recover from a miscarriage
- How to help a friend who has had a miscarriage
- The story of my infertility, IVF and the miscarriage that brought me to my knees
- How to honor your miscarried baby